“Providing Peace of Mind to Busy Colorado Attorneys”
“The Right Counsel at the Right Time”
Brandi J. Pummell and the Pummell Law Firm, LLC provide appellate representation and freelance legal writing services for practicing attorneys in the Denver metro area and throughout Colorado. I can help when you:
- have a case you want to appeal;
- want to consult with an experienced appellate attorney about a case;
- have more work than you can handle;
- have a motion or brief deadline that you can’t meet on your own;
- want to collaborate on a case or project with an experienced civil litigator with significant appellate experience;
- need assistance with an appeal, complex civil litigation, condemnation, construction defect litigation; education law, employment law, family law, or personal injury;
- want someone with enough experience to hit the ground running;
- need legal research conducted using the latest online research tools;
- need effective pleadings, motions and briefs with supporting case law and authorities;
- want to be first chair in trial but need someone who can handle the “behind the scenes” work;
- want a cost-effective way to get your work done and keep your clients happy;
- need an experienced attorney to assist in handling your workload during a busy period or leave of absence without the commitment and overhead costs of hiring an associate;
- have scheduling conflicts need to be in two places at once; or
- want to spend your time doing things you would rather be doing, such as spending time with your family?
I enjoy collaborating with top-notch attorneys about their cases. I have written successful dispositive motions and appellate briefs, evaluated the merits or defenses of cases, and attended settlement meetings and mediations for hiring attorneys. I can quickly understand both the factual and legal issues of a case and know how to proceed without the need for additional training. You can give me your projects and move on to other things without worrying.
As a freelance attorney, I work on an as-needed, contract basis. You pay an hourly rate only for the time I spend working on your assignment. You get the benefit of extensive litigation and appellate experience with little to no overhead. Most legal research is included in my fee and I carry my own professional liability insurance.
Learn more about outsourcing legal work:
ABA Opinion 00-420
A law firm may add a surcharge to the freelance attorney’s fee when billing the client.
ABA Opinion 08-451
Use of an expert freelance attorney can be of great benefit the client, but the client should be made aware of the use of the freelance attorney for the legal work.